Thursday, December 8, 2011

Random Photos

Is this not the sweetest picture you've ever seen? Last December, I bought myself the calendar Sleeping Beauties, with photos by Tracy Raver and Kelley Ryden. All year, I've been looking forward to this month's picture - that baby just looks happy.

The caption on the picture is a quote from James Barrie, "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." (Isn't that from Peter Pan?) This little guy certainly seems to be laughing at some private joke.


We recently had our Christmas party at church. One of the activities was decorating these tiny (12") trees, which have since been delivered to area nursing homes. My young friends and I spent an evening cutting ornaments out of old Christmas cards, which ornaments were then used to decorate the first tree in this photo. (Jim handled the task of painstakingly tying each ornament onto the tree.)


Last Saturday was the Hot Chocolate 5K, benefiting our Girls on Track program. My young friend was sick, and couldn't run, but I still went to cheer on the other runners. It was a miserable day - cold and rainy - but the girls seemed to enjoy their run even so. (Most of them. There were some runners that needed a good kick in the pants, to get them to at least walk fast!) (Yes, we still cheered for them.)


This evening, I was a volunteer bell-ringer for the Salvation Army. Happily, the weather wasn't too cold, so I stood outside (my preference) and rang that bell for two hours (that's my mittened hand in the photo). I'm happy to report that people were both friendly and generous.


Another cute little one - but this photo is from real life, not a calendar. I tried to get this fellow to go to sleep one night, and believe me - he was nowhere near as tranquil as in this photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment