Monday, January 2, 2012

Knitting into the New Year

I want to share two recent FO's.


I knit this owl blanket for my newest grand-nephew. It is the Sleepy Owl Blanket, by Lori Emmitt. I made a couple changes to the pattern, which are described on my project page. This is a very satisfying knit - interesting, but not too demanding. The yarn is Dream in Color's Classy, and was lovely to work with.


I finished knitting this rabbit (Ysolda Teague's pattern, Sophie) on New Year's Eve, but I didn't finish the eyes & nose until tonight, so I'm calling this a 2012 project. At first I thought the legs were too long, but now I think they'll be perfect for a little hand to hold onto. I'm not sure yet what I'll do with this one - probably just admire her for a bit!


I'm working on a scarf for Jim. Actually, I already knit this yarn into a scarf once before - but the stitch pattern turned out to be problematic, so I finally frogged the entire thing, and have started again with a tried-and-true pattern (the Corrugator, by Paula Smith).


This yarn is wound and ready to be knit into another Ysolda Teague elephant. The cast on for this is always tricky; I'm planning to tackle it tomorrow evening...!

No comments:

Post a Comment