Friday, April 22, 2022

Haiku Challenge, Part Two

More of the April Haiku. I had planned to post this on the 20th (its being a round number), but life happens... Anyway, here are my latest and greatest (and not-so-greatest).

April 12 - an accomplishment
This haiku describes a bit of music for trumpet. The music is the prelude to Domenico Zipoli's Suite in F Major. I first heard this in the early 1980s, on an LP I bought through a record-of-the-month club. The version I have now is on a CD, "Concertos pour trompette," and is played by Maurice AndrĂ©. 

That trumpeter’s song - the notes climb high, higher, while my heart holds its breath.

Here's a recording of that Prelude - enjoy! 


April 13 - when you feel most alive

Simple food, cooked for friends and family. We eat and enjoy together.

April 14 - grief

I long to chat with Mom again, share that funny story, fix the past.

April 15 - a place you feel safe @HumanHaiku shared this one. It's one of my favorites, too.

This home is kindness and love, trust and acceptance. Here, come as you are.

April 16 - something you love about yourself 

I’ve learned the folly of impatience. Wait and watch are better signposts.

April 17 - an emotion you've felt today Easter Sunday

His disciples shared Sorrow, Amazement, and Joy. Today, we sing Hope.

April 18 - what's happening in the world Woke up to a news report of multiple shootings over the weekend

More shootings today. Ten people, nine, ten more— But guns will protect us.

April 19 - what inspires you @HumanHaiku shared this one, too.

Some ideas don’t come til you begin, til you just put pen to paper.

April 20 - fear

Meeting the stranger, you’re cautious — but be assured: Love can displace fear.

April 21 - where you want to escape to

In the woods, safe from weather, a quiet spot to read, paths to wander

April 22 - an influential person in your life I remember doing math homework with my dad. He kept observing that I needed to write my numbers more neatly, or I'd add the wrong columns and get invalid results. I recently was tutoring a student in math, and found myself encouraging him to write his numbers more neatly...

He put worms on hooks, wanted tidy math papers, loved with kind patience.

Eight more days...! 

Bernie reminds you that it's
National Beagle Day



No comments:

Post a Comment