Friday, May 6, 2022

Knitting from Stash / Yarn Chicken

Over the years, I've acquired a good bit of yarn. I won't get into specifics; let's just say it's A Lot. Accordingly, I'm trying to ignore all the enticing yarn that I see on social media, and instead knit from my stash. My latest effort involved some beautiful yarn from Studio June Yarns, Squishy Soft Worsted:

Honey Mustard

National Forest

I used this to knit a baby blanket, using the Drifting Stripes 8-Hour Baby Blanket pattern by JoAnne Turcotte. This is a great pattern; it knits up fairly quickly, and creates a yummy blanket - thick and squishy, perfect for snuggling a fall baby.


I weighed the leftover yarn, and thought there'd be enough to knit the Pittsburgh Steelers Hat by Lorna Miser - although it might be close. I shortened the green ribbing, and still had to stop the colorwork early, because I'd run out of green yarn. But I think it turned out well in spite of losing yarn chicken:


Next up: another Musselburgh hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment