Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bonnie the Hunter-Gatherer

Q:How long does it take a beagle to get into trouble?

A: Not long at all!

I was out of the house for about 30 minutes this evening. When I came back in, I noticed some pieces of bread on the floor. I looked at the counter, where there had been a new bag of hamburger buns, but there was nothing.

I looked at Bonnie, who was happily wagging her tail, and marveled: "You ate the whole package?" And then I paused - where was the bag? Surely she didn't eat the bag...?

I let her outside, and then did some investigating. In the bedroom, I found more pieces of bread on the rug. And then I laughed:


This isn't the best picture, but you can see that Bonnie hid the bag, and the remaining buns, under our pillows on the bed. (Note to Bonnie: you should find a better hiding place.)

I cleaned everything up and let Bonnie back in. I was working in the kitchen, and in she wandered with another bun - apparently she had multiple caches for her bounty!

On another front, our toads now have their own tree, a volunteer that has started in the window well:

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Too funny, that silly Bonnie! I admire your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie is the sweetest girl we have at this time.

    ReplyDelete