|A Dorky Hat|
Unfortunately, I'm not very happy with it. I used this Lined Beanie pattern, but my hat came out rather large, and not nearly as handsome as the picture in the pattern. Still, it fits Jim, so hopefully it will fit some young Seita Scholar as well.
Also, I closed the top using the Kitchener stitch, instead of just drawing the stitches together, which gives the top a nice, clean finish.
It is self-lined, which will make it snug and warm, which is another plus:
|With the lining pulled out|
I've started a matching scarf, which I like much better:
|The more satisfying scarf|
The colors in this photo are off, so you can't tell that one of the colors matches the stripes in the hat. Trust me, it does, and hopefully my photo of the finished product will reflect that. Really, the colors are much nicer than these.
The pattern is a simple 1x1 ribbing, as in the Noro Striped Scarf. I'm using three colors of yarn, and I set up the stripe pattern using the Random Stripe Generator found here. I asked for three colors; widths of 2, 4, and 6; and 100 rows (which I am repeating as needed). It's very satisfying to see it unfold, and it's knitting up fairly quickly (it's half finished).
This last photo is not knitting. This is Bonnie the Beagle, hoping hoping hoping for a treat from Jim.
|Gratuitous beagle picture|