Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sky Scarf Update

A couple days ago, I reached the three-month mark on my sky scarf. Here's how it looks so far:


Look at all that blue sky we've had recently (the most recent days are nearest the needle, in the lower right corner). Lots of white clouds, some grey clouds, with a couple days of rain mixed in.

Here are some photos of those recent glorious skies:

May 3, walking Bonnie at Friendship Village

May 3, in Frey's Park (looking north)

May 5, walking Bonnie, Friendship Village

May 7, evening, looking north (West Main / Drake)

On Wednesday, Jim and I were out buying a new mattress (We've needed one for ages. It will be delivered on Tuesday, and I think Jim's looking forward to finally getting a good night's sleep.) There was a storm threatening; to the west of us, there was sunshine and blue sky, but this is what we saw to the east:

May 8, looking east across Drake

We didn't get much rain at all, in spite of that glowering sky, and by the time we got home, it was already starting to lighten. Still, I was able to catch some contrast between the sunlit trees and that dark sky:

May 8, Frey's Park, looking southeast

I stopped by the cemetery earlier today, and couldn't resist yet another sky shot:

May 12, Mt Everest North Cemetery, looking south
I've got to do some serious blog-catching-up, but I'll try to avoid further sky shots - at least for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment