Friday, June 27, 2014

More Beautiful Things

Continuing the theme of the previous post, here are more photos. Last winter was so cold, for so long, that spring was sweeter than usual, with lots of images to savor in old age.

I love the color of willows in the spring

Our house (May 7)

Beautiful sky, beautiful tree

Jess and I took Bonnie for a walk at Asylum Lake on a splendid May day:

Asylum Lake

Bonnie, enjoying her stroll

A happy dog, in the car going home

Closer to home:

North end of Frays Park

A round dandelion, like a fuzzy ball

Mom told me that the dogwood blossom was reminiscent of Christ's crucifixion - the four petals shaped like a cross; the tips colored with blood from his hands and feet.

I always think of Mom when I see a dogwood.

Dogwoods in Friendship Village

Our house again (May 18);
the leaves have made remarkable progress

Woods by Friendship Village, in the evening light

Invasive, but pretty, and very much a sign of spring

Also pretty - no idea what this is
"The world is so full of a number of things,
I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings."
~ Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment