Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Year in the Life of a Blog

Bonnie and I have enjoyed our walks these past days - the trees were beautiful in the sunshine.



A blog that I follow shared a lovely quote from John Burroughs, so appropriate in this fall season:
"How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days."
I encourage you to check out her blog, We Heart Yarn - the photography is stunning. (And I just now learned how to make that link open in a new window. Hurrah!)

Today is the first blogiversary of Robin Gets a Life: I published my first blog entry on November 2, 2010. I've just skimmed the year's posts; it seems that I've been consistent in publishing, but not entirely consistent in quality. Can I share my favorite posts? (I'm going to, but feel free to ignore.)
The Trees Play Dress Up. I like the photography in this one, and I am pleased with the mix of poems and photos.

Self-Restraint. This was better writing than I find in most of my entries, and still makes me smile.

A Memoir of Love and Loss and Life. This was a review of a well-written book, which should probably get some of the credit for the well-written blog entry.
My goal for the next year: more carefully crafted entries, which will require more care and tending of my blog.

Oh Mom - focus on the writing,
and skip the dog photos!

2 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary!! Look at your beautiful leaves...oh so lovely!! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for your very kind words! Blush :)

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete